What do you need to apply?
UWC Iraqi NC use an online platform to collect applications, to assure transperancy and equal representation. In addition to filling out the application form on the Online Application Portal, you will
need to upload the following documents:
1. Copy of official identification document (National ID or passport)
2. Transcripts of your marks/grades for the previous two academic years, obtained
from your school. Transcripts in Arabic or Kurdish are accepted but you need to
include a translation into English (non-sworn translations will be accepted). If you are
accepted into UWC, you will be expected to provide sworn translations of your
transcripts in a short time.
3. A recommendation letter from one of your teachers or supervisors (letters from
relatives will not be accepted), preferably in English
How we decide?
Students are selected for UWC based on their personal qualifications and engagement alone. Selection is not based of a students' religious, ethnic, social or economic background.
The selection process in UWC Iraq is divided into three rounds:
- An administrative check to ensure eligibility based on nationality, age, and academic qualification
- Qualified applications get reviewed, and shortlisted applicants will then be invited to an interview with the UWC Iraq team.
- Applications are reviewed again with the test results. Additional interviews may be conducted if needed.
During the selection process, we use a categorical system to evaluate the student, based on the following:
- Intellectual curiosity and motivation.
- Academic ability to benefit from a challenging educational programme in English.
- Active commitment and ability to act on one's own values as well as learn about and confront the values of others.
- Personal responsibility and integrity.
- Motivation to attend a UWC.